Get a fresh start
Are you wondering what a career with Open Sky Education might be like? First and foremost, you’ll be part of a dynamic and growing organization on the leading edge of educational entrepreneurial thinking. You’ll be making a significant difference in the lives of the children, families and communities we serve.
And here are a few of the other key benefits we offer:
- Health and Wellness: Full-time Open Sky Education employees enjoy generous medical benefits for themselves and their families. Open Sky pays the majority of the premium and offers access to a flexible spending account, dental, and vision insurance. Our plan includes 100% employer paid short and long term disability and life insurance.
- Saving for the Long Term: Open Sky Education will match 100% of your contributions up to 2.5% of your salary and offers access to cost effective investments.
- Professional Development: At our core, we are a people development organization and we work with all of our employees to develop intentional career paths. We offer a wide range of professional development opportunities including conferences, training, courses, and stipends for tuition.
- Team and Family Matters: We know that spending time with your loved ones is important. Open Sky Education employees earn Paid Time Off (PTO) based on position and years of service. Staff can earn up to 20 days of PTO in addition to most federal holidays.
- Tailored Package: Your benefits may vary slightly depending on which of our regions or entities you join: HOPE Christian Schools, EAGLE College Preparatory Schools, Compass Educational Programs, the Character Formation Project or Open Sky Education.
Our hiring process
We strive to build a strong relationship during the interview process with each candidate. Below you’ll find a typical hiring process, but your experience may vary depending on the role, your experience, and our needs.
- Application Review: We review your resume and answers to the online questions to determine if you are a strong match. We will only contact you if you are invited to advance in the selection process.
- Interviews: If you are asked to move forward, you can expect to have at least one phone interview. Finalists will have the chance to meet with their potential hiring manager in-person before receiving an offer.
- Work Sample: You will be asked to complete a work sample either before or during the in-person interview. For teacher candidates, you can expect to be asked to complete a sample lesson.
Thinking of applying? Here are some helpful hints to prepare for your interview.
Before you complete the application or participate in a phone interview, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Be Prepared
- Study our website and understand how your personal values align with our core values.
- Learn as much as you can about the Open Sky Education culture and what makes us unique.
- Think about why you want to work here and serve children.
- Practice, Practice, Practice
- Review your resume and think about potential questions the interviewer may ask you and how you will answer.
- Ask a friend or family member to ask you interview questions and ask for critical feedback.
- Dress For Success
- Appropriate Dress For Women
- Appropriate Dress For Men
- Shirt and tie with dress pants
- Ensure your clothes are pressed, spot and lint free, and clean
- Do not chew gum during your interview
- Appropriate Dress For Women
- Get Organized
- Bring a professional folder or portfolio. Use it to store pens, your resume, and a clean notepad.
- Bring several copies of your resume just in case.
- Prepare 5-8 questions to ask each interviewer.
- Show Interest
- The best way to show your interest is to ask questions!
- You should come prepared with 5–10 questions for each person with whom you are interviewing. Having the questions written out prior to your meeting will show you have taken time to prepare and that you are genuinely interested in the position.